We need a lot of resources, both cash and in-kind, to have a successful event. There is no minimum or maximum contribution. If each person gave R50, we would be able to cover some of the many logistical expenses we are faced with. You may contribute via Direct Deposit, PayPal, Gogetfunding, by purchasing t-shirts and hoodies from our chosen distributor, or through in-kind contributions.
Account name: Rise-up Against Gender based violence
Account no: 62770771246
Branch code: 250655
Reference: Your full name
Send proof of payment to: donations (dot) shutdown (at) gmail (dot) com
Deposit directly to our PayPal account online at www.paypal.me/AgainstGBV you will be able to bypass registering or signing into PayPal when paying by card.
Donate through our GoGetFunding campaign at gogetfunding.com/thetotalshutdown using PayPal and/or a credit card.
Please note that there is no need to sign in or register for PayPal when paying by card.
We need assistance with the following aspects. Please confirm the nature of your support, the region you are located in, and email us at donations (dot) shutdown (at) gmail (dot) com so we can connect you with one of our facilitators operating in that region.
- Transportation – buses, taxis, vans and/or private car lifts for marchers to starting points and back.
- Wellness supplies – portable toilets, bottled water, first aid kits, hands sanitizers, and snacks/energy bars.
- Stage and audio equipment system – building of stage riser (could be wood pallets), speakers and microphone system.
- Advertising – print, digital and broadcasting advertising opportunities.
- Uniforms – bibs for marshals and other volunteers and official t-shirts for marchers.
- Printing – printing of flyers, posters, and billboards where space can be donated.
Purchasing our t-shirts & hoodies
All proceeds will be used towards funding buses, water, toilets, and counselling services for the marches around the country. It is important to order through #thetotalshutdown to support the movement. All other people selling T-shirts are not authorized to do so.